1. Twitter’s descent into extractive. The problem with a firm worth a billion dollars is that the shareholders eventually expect to get some revenue. Facebook is facing similar problems.
2. World’s fastest sailboat. Physics explaination here.
3. Way to go Scott! Sumner’s response: “I was planning on not attending because I usually teach that night. Then Tyler Cowen told me I had to go, so I switched the class to Wednesday night.”
4. You might be an economist jokes.
5. An academic’s guide to dress.